If you're making one of the biggest hurdles....getting to the start line, here is some information that you'd probably like to know/be reminded of.
Check in. I will be there early with a roster. Check in with me. I want to make sure there is a list of people so that I can get this site updated with proper info.
Weather - According to NOAA, we're in for a pretty good day.
- Start at Greenland Open Space at 6:30am:
- Low of 34 degrees tonight. That specific spot seems to sit in a little hole though. It was about the same forecast last year and the actual temperature was more like 25. So, plan for a cold start. I would also expect some west northwest wind in the 10 mph range until the sun warms things up. However, west wind would be a tailwind... Then it's supposed to be calm.
- Mid-Race - looking out between the Elbert - Deer Trail area - around 6,000ish feet
- Partly sunny with a high of 61. Northwest wind 5-10mph becoming light and variable. Well, without the sun, it probably won't quite reach or feel like the 61 degrees. Also, keep in mind that "light and variable" out there means that it won't be blowing you off your bike. Still, even if it feels like 51 and the wind stays ok, it's still nice. The rain showers seem to be holding off mostly.
- Later-Race - Looking at the later parts of the course. 5500-6500 ft or so. 10% chance of showers after noon. High near 64 with light north wind. Good stuff. You don't have a south wind, you should be happy.
Results - The end of the race will be at the Greenland Open Space sign. It will not be like last year. You will now get the downhill feeling of rolling all the way back to the open space. Yeah, it pushes it to a few miles over 150 miles, but you can always quit. When you get there, you will need to sign your name and time on a sheet. My wife will be there in a white mini van for those that roll in before me. I will be hanging around for a while after I'm done, so just look for me.
***If you don't check in and sign the sheet, you won't be listed in the results***
Awards - I have made up trophies for the Top 3 men and Top 3 women (if 3 don't show up, I'll just hold on to them). I also made a trophy for the last place person.
Here's what they look like:
Pictures - Check Race Vista for all the pictures.
Roster - Here's the final as of 12:00pm today.
I'm going offline at 5 today and will no longer be responding to anything. I have a show to cohost at 6:30pm. Drew is leading a special episode of "The Dirt" discussing today's UCI/USAC clarification.
You should listen to the LIVE SHOW.